Flag: Tornado! Hurricane!

Forums >>  Announcements  >>  Numerous Site Updates

Topic created on: December 30, 2005 10:11 CST by pedram .

A number of both aesthetic and functional site updates and additions were made over the past two days, the more major of which include:

Updated Logo
Many thanks to Ero's brother for both the original and the newly updated OpenRCE logo. With some coaxing we may be able to get him to create a slick metal skin for the entire site.

Skins
The bottom-most right panel module now includes two additional themes to the original bluegrey. The "metal" theme is currently a work in progress.

Site Search
A rudimentary site search functionality is available for searching through articles, forums and downloads. Alternatively, a Google site specific search form is also available.

Reference Library Papers Section
A repository for papers, diagrams etc... was created in the reference library and is being propagated.

Private RSS Feeds
The notion of private RSS feeds was added to the site. Currently the only private feed available is your private message feed. To receive notification when new private messages are awaiting your response without having to log into the site, set up an RSS secret key (under your user profile) and add the relevant RSS feed to your favorite reader.

What's New
The "What's New" page, accessible from the main left navigation, will show you all site-wide content changes since your last login. A number of people have been asking for this, hopefully this is what they were looking for.

Site Manual ... kind of
The about page was beefed up to include more information about the various site features and functionality. It serves as both an about page as well as a manual now. If anyone has suggestions for additional information on that page please let me know.

There have been a number of requests for a password reset feature. While this is doable, because we don't validate e-mail addresses on sign up it's a bit dirty. It's something I may add the next time I catch a wave of patience for web app dev. The "remember me" and time zone features should be added within two weeks or so. The code is there, it just hasn't been debugged / activated.

-pedram

No posts found under this topic.

There are 31,314 total registered users.

Recently Created Topics
[help] Unpacking VMP...
Mar/12
Reverse Engineering ...
Jul/06
hi!
Jul/01
let 'IDAPython' impo...
Sep/24
set 'IDAPython' as t...
Sep/24
GuessType return une...