Topic created on: April 30, 2008 08:57 CDT by ero .
Zynamics GmbH (formerly SABRE Security GmbH)
We are looking for a motivated, reliable individual to be put in charge of maintaining the code and the machines of our malware classification project, VxClass. The employment would be full-time at our office in Bochum (Germany).
What you should bring:
- Knowledge of Python (or willingness to learn it quickly)
- Knowledge of Java (or willingness to learn it quickly)
- Knowledge of Red Hat system administration (or willingness to learn it quickly)
- Ability to interact with customers to help troubleshoot issues they might encounter with the system, and to teach new users
Your job is going to be:
- Maintaining the existing VxClass code base -- a good quantity of Python "glue" code that ties together the different components of the system (Unpacker/Analyzer/Differ, each developed by a separate team)
- Coordinate the integration of the individual components -- e.g. communicate with the different teams to make sure they build something that you can integrate
- Build and maintain unit tests for VxClass
- Work on an undisclosed but exciting internal project
- Assemble and maintain a good "base set" of malware for delivery on new VxClass boxes
- Help "scale" the system to process much larger quantities
- Set up VxClass boxes whenever needed
- Set up and Maintain the machines for VxClass-as-Service
- About 10-20% of travel time can't be ruled out if something needs fixing on the customer side
What we offer: Zynamics GmbH is a Bochum, Germany based company with a focus on high-end reverse engineering tools. Our customers have unique needs and are very technical, resulting in really interesting (and often challenging) problems for us to solve. Our work on automated structural malware classification won Germany's second biggest privately financed research prize in 2006, beating Siemens and Telekom Laboratories.
If you like dealing with algorithmically challenging problems, smart and fun coworkers and the flexibility and friendly environment offered by small companies, send your resume to: email@example.com