Topic created on: August 13, 2011 02:50 CDT by mefistotelis .
I just made new version of LoadMAP plugin; there were no versioning in it before, so I gave it version number 1.1, assuming previous was 1.0.
* added loading of Watcom C MAP files
* started work on making the plugin platform-independent. Still, currently it's Windows-only.
* switched to IDA SDK 6.2; newer versions have modified build system, and seem to only support VS - no MinGW.
* added loading of 32-bit GCC .map files
I don't seem to have privileges to upload in on OpenRCE, so uploaded here:
loadmap_v1_2_ida_plug.7z 65 KB
loadmap_v1_1_ida_plug.zip 68 KB
IDA Pro plugin
Loads a VC/Borland/Dede/GCC/IDA map file into IDA Database.
The ".map" file may be generated during compilation, and contain some of debug info (function names, global variables).
This plugin was compiled with IDA 6.2 SDK, compiler - GCC 4.8.0; it is 32-bit.
IDA SDK required small patch to cooperate with that gcc - it is within src.
See src/LoadMap.cpp for credits, license and changelog.
* Copy LoadMAP.plw to IDA plugins folder
* Open any PE/LE file project
* Click Load MAP with Shift to see options
Currently it doesn't understand MAP files with 64-bit offsets - new versions of GCC produce files with such long offsets.
WA for this is to just remove excessive zeros from offsets in MAP file before loading it.