Flag: Tornado! Hurricane!

Forums >>  Brainstorms - General  >>  FACT: OpenRCE is dead.

Topic created on: May 8, 2013 07:53 CDT by codeinject .

Hello,

I am posting this as I doubt I'll return till Pedram has time to release OpenRCE 2.0.
I've had some mail exchange with him and he told me he hardly hsa the time to maintain the website. However he wants to keep it open etc.
But, you can see now that his product finally launched (in which I am quite interested how it works) I notice he doesn't have time to cleanup the spam anymore.

Thus I'd like to say: All have a good one, I hope Pedram's Product makes him a lot of money and therefore spare time so OpenRCE 2.0 will return. But most questions are "CRACK THIS FOR ME" or "I AM TO LAZY TO GOOGLE".

Thus, Bye :(
When OpenRCE gets a new spark of life I'll be back for sure ;)

pedram     May 9, 2013 20:56.56 CDT
It's quite possible the site is dead and should simply be saved in archive format. For sure the concept of forums is dead. Since the launch of this site the way people generally interface with the web has changed drastically enough that there realistically may not be any need for a site like this.

Recent weeks have indeed been very time limited. But I am at least back on the SPAM patrol ;-) Still looking for the time to give the site further love though. Only so many hours in the day...

codeinject     May 10, 2013 02:21.05 CDT
heh, yea I do understand though. Still use the site for looking stuff up. And to monitor the Blogs from some RCE's

Just hoping the Forums will get a spark of light. woodmann has some fine forums, but these are slow and they alert the firewall systems -,-;

What I meant to say was: "I won't help people anymore on these forums".

djnemo     May 11, 2013 08:21.23 CDT
Its not just about forum,
Articles:Memoryze Memory Forensics Tool Created: Wednesday, November 26 2008
IDA Stealth Plugin IDA Plugins IDA Stealth is a plugin which aims to hide the IDA debugger from ... Feb 15, 2010
Imagery: Jun 6, 2008
irc channel is just nice place to IDLE!

When admins are not care about their website and their almost busy with governmental project and not sharing anything of their research on website, i think its normal that no one else will not share anything here!

codeinject     May 13, 2013 01:24.23 CDT
True, I've read all the Articles. I send a lot of folks to this site if they want to learn something. But the forums are something that is really important to keep a community alive and thriving. IRC is all fun and games, but I can only connect to it when not behind the enterprise grade firewalls.

But the questions on the forums are very much GFGI. It just started being really really annoying. And about new articles. you can better follow wallisdaar's blog and some other names than waiting for them to be posted on OpenRCE. They won't ever get posted in OpenRCE. Just since nobody has the time to place them there. Like I said, the blog section is nice to follow as you can see the recent blog posts (and I do use that).

Note: Registration is required to post to the forums.

There are 31,311 total registered users.

Recently Created Topics
[help] Unpacking VMP...
Mar/12
Reverse Engineering ...
Jul/06
hi!
Jul/01
let 'IDAPython' impo...
Sep/24
set 'IDAPython' as t...
Sep/24
GuessType return une...