Flag: Tornado! Hurricane!

Forums >>  Brainstorms - General  >>  I have started a new site for reversing tutorials

Topic created on: May 22, 2012 18:51 CDT by R4ndom .

My name is Random and I have been in the reversing community for a long time. I have started a site offering what I hope to be a long list of tutorials on reverse engineering. I have been doing this quite a while and I really just felt like I owed it to all the people who helped me learn what I know to give something back. I know, I know, "Another site for cracking tutorials", ...great. But hey, I'm just trying to be more active in the community.

Anyway, the site is hxxp://www.TheLegendOfRandom.com/blog/

The first tut is done and the second is almost done. Not much to the site yet, but I'm working on it.

NickyBlue     October 4, 2012 01:35.59 CDT
First of all quite unusual name you got there ..but catchy!   Well Random, as you said you learned something or whatever. My question is are you just interested in circulating some whatever tutorials or has some interest in creating some real solution as well. Certainly I am not talking about cracking here. There are better options than that to bang your head on. I'm also curious to know ..only if you wanna answer that, of course! What is that you mean by community. Some gang kinda thing over here or is it refer broader perspective?

Actually I am new here in ...so called community of yours ; so obviously not well acquainted with it. But if you mean broader perspective, then I think you can serve them better by creating some real solution. Whats the use of this learning things of yours if you never gonna use it to try implementing something really valuable. I mean learning all these machine code, hacking cracking ..tracking, there got to be some meaning to that, no? Or is it some kinda traditional cult, to learn this and that then pass it on to next generation. ;)

Let me suggest you something...why not collect and create a list of potential problem encountered while designing a successful automated code analyzer instead ...or just about some specific problem such as  while ..ummm? yeah decoding decryption or unpacker routines.

And I am just talking about potential problems not there solutions yet. That can be dealt afterwards. And yeah don't bring those stupid debugger related problems. What you call anti debugging trick or something like that. A real simulator won't encounter that. Its working domain is different so does its problems. Actually simulator is not right word for that so lets stick to "Code Analyzer". Yeah I have downloaded some unpacker tips and tutorials for that but they all came out to be of anti-debugging related in inside. So they just useless. You understand what I mean? If you have really learned something than you must be knowing what I am trying say. Time to go! yeah I sure will check out your site ..just to have a look at that :)

Thank you
TheCrusader

Join me at "Fully Automated VirusBusterKit: A hype or reality?"

Note: Registration is required to post to the forums.

There are 31,310 total registered users.

Recently Created Topics
[help] Unpacking VMP...
Mar/12
Reverse Engineering ...
Jul/06
hi!
Jul/01
let 'IDAPython' impo...
Sep/24
set 'IDAPython' as t...
Sep/24
GuessType return une...