Topic created on: January 11, 2012 18:24 CST by pedram .
The responsibilities of a Software Security Consultant are broad and may vary depending on your level of experience and skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Scanning customer source code, auditing results with development and/or security teams and offering plans for remediation of vulnerabilities.
* Installing and configuring products onsite for customers
* Communicating technical application security concepts to customer staff including developers, architects, and managers.
* Training customer staff on application security and products.
* Assessing and scoping of customer's application security needs.
* Contributing to project planning and other project deliverables.
* Customizing the implementation of production and test products.
* Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to enhance products.
* Represent technical, business, and professional values to customers, partners, and peers.
* Work is conducted mostly at customer sites; extensive travel is required.
The ideal candidate should have:
* A Technical Bachelor's degree or 6-8 years relative work experience.
* Prior consulting experience desired.
* 5+ years experience in role of software or security consulting.
* 5+ years experience in software development using Java, Microsoft .NET (C# or VB), or C/C++.
* Experience using build tools (e.g. ant, make, maven, msbuild, nant, etc.).
* Experience in developing and/or deploying web applications is strongly desired.
* Experience with multiple operating systems is strongly desired.
* Fundamental understanding of software, computer, and network architectures.
* Experience in the enterprise security or application security is a plus.
* CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CEH, MCSE/MCITP and SANS certifications are a plus.
* Prior experience working with Federal government organizations (DoD, Civilian agencies)
* Be highly motivated, competitive, entrepreneurial and attracted to challenging opportunities.
* Have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential and will have strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, and ownership skills.
* Possess excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of internal team members.
* Be an intelligent, self-starting, self-confident individual with integrity and accountability.
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
* Currently hold or ability to obtain Federal DoD security clearance. (SECRET or better)
To apply: http://www.jobhost.org/jobs/viewjob/software-security-consultant-cd8661c79ad6b8d8