Topic created on: February 28, 2011 11:27 CST by aeppert .
Alert Logic - Security Research Lead
Based in Houston, TX, Alert Logic is seeking a Security Research Lead to direct the activities of the Alert Logic Research and Emerging Threats teams. The Security Research Lead must be skilled in Programming, Reverse Engineering, Penetration Testing, memory corruption vulnerabilities, and various web technologies. The responsibilities will include leading a team of Research engineers in prototyping new detection technologies and analyzing new threats.
Alert Logic delivers cloud-powered, managed solutions for IT security and compliance by combining patented technology and round-the-clock monitoring by certified analysts. Trusted by enterprises, managed hosting providers and partners worldwide, Alert Logic provides innovative, cost effective, and worry-free SaaS offerings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Employ strong knowledge of security concepts and practices to proactively identify threats, vulnerabilities and exploits
* Investigate and analyze new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits, and document and develop countermeasures
* Write technical papers and deliver external and internal presentations introducing new and novel security research
* Serve as an escalation point for the Security Operations Center for new incidents
* Mentor analysts and aid in employee development
* Make recommendations for appropriate development, engineering and corporate processes and procedures
* Answer questions from clients regarding new attacks and trends
* Suggest or implement new product prototypes and work with product management on implementation
* 8+ years of professional experience in Information Security
* Experience with Reverse engineering tools (e.g., debuggers, disassemblers)
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Unix & Linux Administration, and SQL & Oracle databases.
* Proficiency with high-level scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby) and shell scripting
* Experience programming with low level languages such as C and Assembly
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Computer Security Certifications such as GIAC, OSCE, NOP or similar preferred
* Undergraduate or Advanced Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
Alert Logic offers an exceptional company culture with a group that works hard and has fun. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology, a drive for continual learning, and the love of solving problems.
For consideration, please e-mail resumes to email@example.com or apply directly at http://budurl.com/SRLHtx