Topic created on: July 30, 2010 10:30 CDT by aeppert .
About Alert Logic
Alert Logic is a leading provider of on-demand compliance and security solutions. Our threat, log, and IT compliance management solutions run as a software-as-as-service, and are cost effective, easily deployed, and easily maintained. Customers can protect their networks and comply with policies and regulations with no maintenance needed on their part as services are delivered "in-cloud," without the need to work onsite to deploy, configure, tune, maintain or upgrade. We pride ourselves on offering efficient, no-hassle, reliable network security and compliance solutions and continually exceeding customer expectations. Alert Logic offers an exceptional company culture with a group that works hard and has fun. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology, a drive for continual learning, and the love of solving.
The Threat Intelligence Lead manages local and offsite teams to ensure that Alert Logic clients are current with the latest threats. This includes but is not limited to, categorizing, and ranking threats, communicating updates to clients, and reporting statistics to senior management.
Preferred Technical Experience:
* Microsoft Windows
* Linux/Unix administration
* Python and shell programming
* TCP/IP networking
* IDS signature development such as Snort
* Vulnerability and port scanning
Duties & Responsibilities
* Monitor and collect information on information security threats from various sources.
* Analyze, categorize, and rank threats so that clients have current information and detection.
* Communicate updates to clients and partners on regular basis though email, blogs, and
* Manage local and offsite teams dedicated to creating signatures and rules for various systems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Ability to automate computer operations through custom programming.
* Technical writing, strong written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
* A GIAC certified intrusion analyst certification or CISSP is preferred. If the candidate does not have one it must be acquired within 6 months.
* Other certification such as OSCE (Offensive Security Certified Expert) , NOP (Certified Network Offense Professional), GREM (GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware, GWAPT (GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester, GPEN (GIAC Penetration Tester), are a plus.
* 5+ years professional experience in information security.