Topic created on: June 11, 2010 11:31 CDT by aeppert .
Security Research Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Security Research Engineer with advanced technical knowledge in the areas of system-level programming (including driver development), x86 assembly, reverse engineering, kernel-mode debugging, and operating system internals.
* Reverse engineer binaries in x86 assembly
* Design and develop code in C/C++ for Windows, Linux and OS X
* Contribute to the design and development to innovative research projects in the areas of virtualization and distributed programming
* Develop and innovate low-level software protection methods and executable dissection algorithms
* Maintain current knowledge of new technologies, systems, and tools
* Co-author small-group project reports, documentation, and proposals for a highly technical audience
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have 3+ years of experience directly related to the following:
* Experience programming in C/C++ and assembly; user-mode and kernel-mode software development
* Experience with Linux, OS X, Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Experience analyzing malicious code
* Familiarity with reverse engineering and operating system internals, especially security components and kernel-mode debugging tools
* Knowledge of information security, malware, rootkits, software protection schemes, and virtualization theory
* Network and application penetration testing and vulnerability analysis experience
Preferred Additional Skills
Experience with the development of any of the following is a plus: software protection, distributed programming, automated executable analysis, virtualization, or emulation engines.
Please send resumes to Harmony Schutter at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the above position or call 703-961-9456 x166