Topic created on: August 5, 2008 19:41 CDT by aeppert .
Senior Security Software Developer/Analyst
Cyber Threat Analysis and Intelligence is a high performance, uniquely skilled, Infosec cyber intelligence and analysis team comprised intelligence and threat analysts who perform deep analysis of current and future threats to the Northrop Grumman Global Network (NGGN). As part of CTA&I, you can expect to be continually challenged, taking non-traditional approaches to unique problems in computer security.
A senior security software developer/analyst will contribute to the requirements definition, analysis and design, and deployment of new tools. He/she will analyze exploitation software, perform analysis of application/system security in a lab environment, and provide security thought leadership, enterprise wide. The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of custom software solutions for network and system security analysis, as well as analyzing compiled object code and source code using COTS and custom tools to identify security flaws and functionality.
The candidate must be a creative, highly motivated developer able to operate both in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment. A broad familiarization of common currently used programming languages and operating systems is essential, with a deep knowledge of at least two languages and one OS required. The senior security software developer will also provide leadership and mentoring of a small, diverse team. The candidate will be expected to provide leadership of 2-3 developers, analysts and engineers; manage daily development activities, and monitor project status.
Required skills and experience: This is a senior level position. Prefer a BA/BS and at least 14 years of related experience or a minimum of 19 years of no degree. Specific experience requirements listed below
- At least 10 years work experience in software development or a BS in Computer Science or Engineering and 5 years work experience.
- Minimum 5 years programming security-related applications in x86/SPARC/MIPS Assembly, C, C++, C##, Java or Visual Basic.
- Demonstrated Operating System expertise in Linux, UNIX, MS Windows architectures. Driver development experience preferred.
- Experience developing database-driven web applications.
- Deep knowledge of sockets programming and common network applications.
- Minimum 3 years experience reverse engineering, including debugging, disassembly, sandbox/behavioral analysis.
- A fanatical devotion to secure coding practices
- Familiar with system and network attack and defense techniques. Vulnerability development or malcode reverse engineering experience a big plus.
- GIAC certification preferred.
- Candidate must be eligible for a DSS SECRET clearance
Relocation package and virtual work options are available
Any applicants can contact me at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org