Topic created on: September 19, 2011 10:28 CDT by aeppert .
As one of the fastest growing software companies in North America, we’re not only looking for the best and the brightest, but the most innovative and passionate people to join our team.
Rapid7 is the leading provider of unified vulnerability management solutions. Rapid7’s NeXpose and Metasploit products help organizations to improve their security posture by providing actionable insights into the real threats from vulnerabilities across their entire IT infrastructure. With more than 1,300 enterprises and government agencies as customers, Rapid7 delivers actionable intelligence about an organization's entire IT environment. Rapid7 offers the only integrated threat management solution that enables organizations to implement and maintain best practices and optimize their network security, web application security, database security, and penetration testing strategies.
Rapid7 has been recognized with numerous industry accolades including the “Red Herring 100 Award,” Inc. "500," Deloitte's "Fast 500," Info Security Products Guide “Tomorrow’s Technology Today Award,” Network Products Guide “Best Products and Services Award,” Info Security Products Guide “Global Product Excellence Customer Trust Award,” and an SC Magazine “Award Winner.”
The Security Research and Development Team is responsible for enhancing the core features of NeXpose; its ability to scan hosts and networks to remotely detect all kinds of security vulnerabilities, e.g.: remote arbitrary code execution, weak SSH password, missing security update, world-readable /etc/shadow, authentication bypass, infection by well-known backdoor, predictable TCP ISN, insecure configuration of network services, XSS, obsolete operating system versions, SQL injections, directory traversals, JSP/ASP source code disclosure, denial of services in RPC services, unused built-in account not disabled, privilege escalation, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Professional software development experience, preferably in an IT security field.
• Demonstrated interests in the computer and network security field, low-level and internals aspects of technologies, and vulnerability research and exploitation.
• Excellent coding skills in Java or C++.
• Perl, Python, shell scripting, Jess (Java expert system shell) a plus.
• Good foundation in networking, have developed networking code, knowledge of the design of at least some common network protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, etc).
• Experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Ability to understand technical subjects and technologies you might not be familiar with.
• Experience in working in a team of 5-10 developers on a medium-to-large scale (100k-1M lines of code) multi-threaded application.
• Skills in resource organization, project/task prioritization and schedule development.
Reports to: Manager of Security Engineering
Location: Austin, TX, El Segundo, CA, or Boston, MA
Education: BS Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent work experience.
Candace Lee - email@example.com